Stockton School, constructed in 1929 in Stockton, Tooele County, is significant under Criterion A in the area of Education. The building is locally significant because of its historic association with the ongoing development of education and improvement in educational facilities in Stockton during the early twentieth century. Stockton was, and still is an isolated town that served the education needs of a few small mining communities located in the nearby mountains to the east. This particular building replaced the previous smaller brick school building that was outgrown as population increased in the region. Stockton School’s historical development is represented in the growth, decline, and vacancy followed by an adaptive reuse of the building in the 1980s. The school was designed by Scott & Welch Architects, which was a prominent regional architecture firm during the early twentieth century. Scott & Welch designed several schools in Utah and surrounding states during this era. However, only few are extant. The period of significance of the Stockton School begins in 1929—when it was constructed—and ends in 1968, the end of the historic period. The school was in continuous use as an education facility until 1984, when Stockton Town adapted it for reuse as the town hall. It now serves multiple functions as town hall, police station and library. The building’s appearance has temporarily changed with the covering of the four main windows with plywood. However, the changes are easily reversible as the historic windows are still in place behind the covering. In spite of this the building still retains sufficient historical integrity to be considered a significant historic resource in the town of Stockton.