Partnership Agreement for the Foothill Cultural District
Name and Purpose
- The name of this Partnership will be the Foothill Cultural District.
- The purpose of the Partnership is to increase out of town visitor awareness and visitation for the organizations belonging to the Partnership by using the combined marketing resources of its members.
- This is a voluntary partnership between the cultural organizations and other providers of services for visitors to the University of Utah and Emigration Canyon area.
- Charter members of this Partnership are:
Fort Douglas Military Museum, 32 Potter Street, Ft. Douglas, UT 84113
Utah’s Hogle Zoo, 2600 E. Sunnyside Ave., Salt Lake City, UT 84108
Red Butte Garden, 300 Wakara Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84108
This Is the Place Heritage Park, 2601 Sunnyside Ave., Salt Lake City, UT 84108
University Guest House & Conference Center, 110 S. Ft. Douglas Blvd., Salt Lake City, UT 84113
Utah Museum of Fine Arts, 410 Campus Center Dr., Salt Lake City, UT 84112
Utah Museum of Natural History, 1390 E. President’s Circle, Salt Lake City, UT 84112
- Other organizations may be added to this Partnership as deemed appropriate by majority vote of the current membership.
- Activities of the Partnership will be funded by annual dues from the members. Annual dues will be determined for the next year at the June meeting. Each organization is operating under a different fiscal year, therefore, the dues payment date will be determined individually for each member organization.
- Any member of the Partnership may withdraw at any time. However, previously paid membership dues or assessments will not be refunded.
- The Officers of the Partnership shall be one representative from each member organization.
- The Officer appointed by the member organization shall have the authority to represent and make commitments on behalf of his/her parent organization. All financial commitments made on behalf of the parent organization must have be approved by the appropriate director or CEO.
- The Officers will select one their members to act as the Chairperson for the Partnership. The term of office for the Chairperson will be two years.
- The Officers may hire an Executive Director, who will be responsible for the daily administrative functions of the Partnership, to include preparation of meetings. Specific duties and compensation will be determined by the Officers of the Partnership
- All Officers are voting members. Only current dues paying members are eligible to vote. The Executive Director is a non-voting member. Each member organization will have no more than one vote per organization.
Duties of Officers
- The Chairperson of the Partnership shall have executive supervision over the activities of the Partnership as follows:
Preside at all meetings of the Partnership.
Be responsible for the management and administration of the Partnership in accordance with this agreement.
Be responsible for the administration of funds for the Partnership.
- The Officers of the Partnership will:
Represent their parent organization.
Keep their parent organization informed of the activities of the Partnership.
Assist the Chairperson and the Executive Director with activities of the Partnership.
- The Executive Director for the Partnership will be responsible for:
Preparing meetings for the Partnership.
Prepare and distribute minutes of all meetings.
Collect dues and assessments from members.
Maintain membership directory information.
Maintain other records of the Partnership.
Assist in additional duties as determined by the Officers of the Partnership.
- Committees shall be established by the Officers of the Partnership as needed.
- Annual dues for the Partnership will be established by the Officers prior to the last quarter of the year before the beginning of the next fiscal year for the Partnership.
- The fiscal year for the Partnership will be July 1 through June 30.
- Special assessments may be levied on the member organizations as determined by the Officers of the Partnership. All special assessments must be approved by the Directors/Executive Directors of the parent organizations.
- An annual budget will be developed and approved by the Officers at the May meeting.
- All expenditures for the Partnership will be reviewed and approved by the Officers.
- Residual assets of the Partnership, upon dissolution, will be returned to the member organizations.
Meetings and Quorums
- Regular meetings by the Officers of the Partnership will be held no less than quarterly.
- Two-thirds (5) of the Officers must be present to constitute a quorum.
- This Partnership agreement may only be altered, amended, or repealed by the unanimous vote of all the Officers.
This Partnership Agreement is Agreed to This Date:
(please sign and date)
(Signatures of executive directors of each organization )